We offer a variety of substitute positions, including: teachers, educational support professionals, school nurses, Kidstop (before and after school program), custodial, food services and more. Please click on the link to learn about our opportunities: Substitute Opportunities
Four Star Express School Year Sites: Basswood, Cedar Island, Fernbrook, Oak View, Rice Lake, Rush Creek, Weaver Lake, and Woodland
Kidstop School Year Sites: Basswood, Cedar Island, Edinbrook, Elm Creek, Fernbrook, Oak View, Rice Lake, Rush Creek, Weaver Lake, Woodland
General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. To be responsible for leading planned activities for scholars and for interacting with scholars in an enriching program.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Create a positive, welcoming, engaging environment.
- Work together with staff to meet the needs of all scholars.
- Interact with scholars to ensure they are safe while they are having fun.
- Participate enthusiastically in the activities with scholars.
- Work with staff to lead a variety of enriching activities that promote the health, social skill building and wellness of scholars. This includes interacting with scholars during activity time, meal time and outdoor time. Activities include, but are not limited to, language arts, science, physical fitness, movement, games and events.
- Work with staff to implement a schedule of activities based on the needs and ages of the scholars, including preparing snacks and/or assisting with breakfast.
- Support group activities like clubs, camps, reading, science, social skills, games or other areas as needed.
- Implement program curriculum.
- Implement and participate in the program in a way that meets the social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs of the scholars.
- Promote the effective use of time, materials, and standards for student conduct.
- In cooperation with the Program Manager and other site staff, maintain the continual well being of children in the program. This includes individual child conferences as needed with parents and staff.
- Maintain an attractive, safe, and functional room environment; includes bulletin boards, lockers/closets, supervising clean-up time.
- Keep child related/program related records, such as attendance, programs, schedules, and others as determined by the Program Manager.
- Be a positive role model and an excellent leader to staff and scholars.
- Great customer service skills. Greet families and scholars.
- Communicate verbally and in writing accidents or incidents concerning scholars or staff in conjunction with the site and program leaders.
- Work with and support all scholars in the program.
- Be knowledgeable of the overall philosophy of Kidstop and the policies and procedures of the program.
- Complete required trainings as provided.
- Perform additional site duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must meet requirements of State of Minnesota School Age Childcare Program Standards including a minimum of 120 hours of training in child development, guidance, and/or recreational coursework.
- Must have 2,080 hours experience working with children ages 5-12 in a childcare program setting.
Job Type: Casual
Hours: Varies between 6:15am – 6:15pm, Monday – Friday
Program Dates: 2023-2024 School Year
Salary Range: $17.88
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.