Hiawatha Valley Education District provides special education services to 13 School Districts and 3 Charter Schools within five counties of southeast Minnesota: Fillmore, Houston, Olmsted, Wabasha, and Winona. Hiawatha Valley Education District also has a Setting IV Behavior Program, located in Kellogg, MN that provides programming for grades K-12 students with challenging behaviors currently receiving special education services. Hiawatha Valley Education District provides programming for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder located in Hokah, MN. HVED offers an Alternative Learning Center housed in MN College SE located in Winona, MN. Hiawatha Valley Education District is committed to providing the best special education services to staff, students, and member districts in southeast Minnesota. Come join our team to be a part of a great organization!
The Registered Behavior Technician Trainer/Supervisor (BACB) provides the training required to qualify for the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) position. This position will have up to 40 hours available per RBT.
- The Education District requires an applicant to have:
- Board Certification Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Supervisor credentials
- Experience in child behavior and intervention experience strongly preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to travel between HVED programs and member school district(s).
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable in interpreting and supporting Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBAs)
- Familiar with PBSP (Positive Behavior Support Plan) and BIPs (Behavior Intervention plans)
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Serves as the trainer and supervisor to the RBT’s and BCBA’s
- Provide training in the following areas:
- Training in functional assessment (4 hours);
- Instruction in the understanding of the function of behavior (20 hours);
- Instruction on design of positive practices behavioral support strategies (10 hours)
Employment Start Date:
- To be determined
- Travel among the HVED programs, member districts and HVED District Office required.
- Office, lifting, sitting, standing, pushing, pulling, keyboarding, etc.
- Competitive salary and benefits package. Based on years of experience and credentials.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt