Description: As a paraprofessional substitute you ensure that the quality of education is sustained and maintained in classrooms and office settings, and that time is used productively to further student learning. Substitutes perform vital functions in maintenance and continuity of daily education, and serve as educational bridges when regular employees are absent.
Status: On Call/As Needed
Location: Varies by assignment
Wage: $13.00 PreSchool Paraprofessional
$14.12 Instructional Paraprofessional
Performs paraprofessional work providing a broad range of assistive services in classroom or clerical settings. Duties may include assisting students with academics, reinforcing positive behaviors and de-escalting negative behaviors, working cooperatively with classroom teachers, Special Education staff and administration. Related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the supervision of the supervising teacher or administrator as appropriate.
Applicants should be a positive, flexible person with excellent communication skills and enjoy working with children. Must possess skills to work as a team, take direction, assist in the general and special education classrooms, administrative offices and behavior room settings.
Before being placed on our Substitute Paraprofessional call list we require the following:
1. Completed Substitute Paraprofessional Application (Select the red Apply button in upper right hand corner, create an account in AppliTrack and complete the online application.)
2. Include a copy of your ParaPro Assessment, Associates Degree or transcript demonstrating completion of 60 semester credits..
3. You will be contacted to schedule a time to complete a New (or Returning) Substitute Paraprofessional Employee Packet and Substitute Paraprofessional District Training modules.
- Employee Information Form
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification – The U.S. Department of Justice requires you present unexpired documents from the Lists of Acceptable Documents on Form I-9 – one selection from List A or a combination of once selection from List B and one selection from List C.
- Completed Informed Consent for Background Check ($15.00 fee required, or you may submit a copy of a MN BCA Background Check/Predatory Offender Registry Check completed within the last 12 months.)
- W-4 Form
- Direct Deposit Form
- District required Acceptable Use Agreements and Policy/Training Acknowledgements
It is the policy of Independent School District 332, Mora, Minnesota, to provide equal employment opportunity for all, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, or age.