The SouthWest Metro Intermediate District #288 has a full-time Special Education Teacher opening for the Stepping Stones program located at the River Valley Education Center in Jordan, MN beginning 8/21/2023.
SouthWest Metro serves students in 11 member districts and 6 associate member districts across the southwestern Twin Cities metropolitan area with programs in Special Education, Career and Technical Education, Care & Treatment, Adult Education, and Alternative Education. We invite you to embrace your own value, potential, and ability at SouthWest Metro, while empowering others to discover theirs. We work to empower ALL learners to realize their self-worth through personalized educational instruction, connection to resources, and access to a supportive learning environment.
The Stepping Stones program serves students at our River Valley Education Center and St. Boni Education Center in grades K-5. Stepping Stones is an Autism Program (ASD) and Emotional/Behavioral Program (EBD).
Special Education Teacher, 8 hours a day for 185 Contract Days.
Educate, plan, teach, facilitate, and evaluate students identified as having a disability. Many of the students exhibit social, emotional, cognitive and/or behavioral needs that require a significant level of support.
Pay & Benefits:
The starting pay at $43,610 per year and is based on education and experience. A competitive and comprehensive benefit package is also available.
Provide support by working directly with students to increase their academic, social/behavioral, communication, and study skills under the direction of the teacher(s).
- EBD, DCD, ASD, or ABS license preferred (Open to Tier 2 License Eligible Candidates).
- Experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated instruction.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Ability to build successful relationships with students, parents and staff.
- Training in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) and Restrictive Procedures is required and provided by the District.
- Effective communication skills and ability to collaborate with teams.
Apply Online at swmetro.k12.mn.us/employment_opportunities
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately until the position is filled. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.