What does a Preschool Instructor Substitute do?
The preschool instructor provides a positive learning environment for children in the Early Learning School Preschool Program. This includes, but not limited to, daily program planning, guidance of support staff, and positive behavior intervention. The person in this role will facilitate and lead age-appropriate, enriching, stimulating activities in a safe environment for children ages 2-5.
What does a Preschool Assistant Substitute do?
The Preschool Assistant provides a positive learning environment for children in the Preschool Program. Duties include, but not limited to, working with children to provide a safe and nurturing learning experience and environment, and assist the instructor with classroom tasks.
What does Wayzata Public Schools offer you?
- Flexibility: You choose the days you work, the location and whether or not you want to work part or all of the day. Preference is for full days, but we can work with you to accommodate
- Competitive pay: Our Preschool Instructor Substitutes earn $19.25 per hour and our Preschool Assistant Substitutes earn $15.88 per hour.
- Opportunity: Substitutes who perform well are often considered and hired for regular on-going vacancies.
- Meaningful Work: At Wayzata Public Schools, we believe in high levels of achievement for each and every student. The work that you do in the classroom helps ensure that we can meet that vision.
What are we looking for?
- Must have a High School diploma.
- (Instructors) A valid MN License in Birth-Grade 3 or PreK Education issued from the Minnesota Department of Education is preferred.
- Must be comfortable with and enjoy working with our younger students.
- Candidates with a high degree of flexibility and willingness to work in a variety of settings with a variety of children are highly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of child development and communication skills.
- (Instructors) Must have strong classroom management skills with the ability to maintain a positive learning environment.