Thank you for your interest in Fridley Public Schools, an International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools district. We are the only school district in Minnesota and one of few in the U.S. that offers the full IB Continuum to students in pre-K to grade 12. As a world class community of learners, Fridley Public Schools aims to develop internationally minded students. We challenge ourselves, our students, and our community to become caring and knowledgeable life-long learners who inquire and take action to create a better world.
Our mission is to guide students in the development of learning skills to help them reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be an individual who firmly believes …
- In the value of diversity and inclusion in enriching the educational experience of all students.
- All students feel valued and have a sense of belonging.
- All learners have the right to a quality education.
- All learners have the ability to learn and attain self-fulfillment.
- All learners need the strategies and tools necessary to strive toward becoming responsible, independent and productive members of society.
Lifeguard and/or Teach swimming lessons to youth and adults as directed by the Aquatics Program Manager, using techniques and procedures specified by the program.
- Age 15 or older (Lifeguarding Only)
- Age 16 or older (WSI and Lifeguard)
- Experience working with children in groups
- Clear criminal background check
- Water safety instructor certificate
- Red Cross lifeguard certificate
- Valid CPR certificate
- High School Diploma or equivalent, child care certificate preferred
- Available on weeknights (5:30 PM to 9:00 PM), available on weekends (8:00 AM to 4:00 PM), summer daytime hours (7:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fridley Public Schools recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our academic mission. Fridley Public Schools is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
Application Procedure: Apply online
Hours vary and are dependent on individual instructors availability.
Starting pay is $15.06 – 17.60 per hour (DOQ)
Application Materials to: Sasha Herder, Aquatics Program Manager