Conduct behind-the-wheel lessons for students with varied levels of experience. This position is on the road, real time driving in a Driver Education training car with a passenger side brake pedal. This position requires scheduling flexibility. The number of lessons scheduled each day/week cannot be guaranteed. This position is part-time and may include weekends. Daylight and night time driving hours are required.
Provide driving instruction making students safe and responsible drivers.
Have Knowledge and understanding of current Minnesota Driving laws.
Keep training cards clean and report mechanical problems immediately.
Communicate to parents and students any areas of improvement to work on while practicing behind-the-wheel sessions at home.
Complete drive assessment documentation for each student at the end of behind-the-wheel sessions. Porvide copy to MCS.
Communicate with and respond to the Community Education Coordinator in a timely manner.
Follow curriculum guideline/philosophy.
Ohter duties as assigned.
- Minnesota Department of Education Driver Education License is required
- Must hold a valid Minnesota Driver’s License
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Minnesota Teaching License is required
- This position demands the ability to sit in a car for long periods. Lift 30-50 lbs. of equipment/cones out of the trunk when required. The ability to get in and out of an automobile several times a day, react quickly to emergencies and properly use the instructor brake.
For additional information please contact Amanda Beckler at 507-537-6769 or email@example.com