Adult Options In Education has a running call for substitute ESL/ABE teachers in our program. ESL/ABE Substitute Teachers are used on an as-needed basis to fill in for teachers when they are out of the classroom and require a substitute. Substitute teachers must hold a current Minnesota Teaching License or a current Minnesota Short Call Substitute License. We are located in Hopkins, St. Louis Park, and Minnetonka, and classes take place in the morning, afternoon, and evening (average class time of 3 hours).
- Teach Adult Basic Education (ABE) or English as a Second Language (ESL) classes to adults using listening, pronunciation/speaking, reading, writing and grammar as a part of student-based learning;
- Follow the provided lesson plan and use materials provided by the teacher;
- Use appropriate techniques for individual learning styles;
- Delegate tasks to any volunteers who may be assisting in the classroom;
- Accurately recording attendance, student progress, reasons for leaving, etc;.
- Effective communication with Adult Options teacher, program staff, volunteers and adult learners.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Ability to assume initiative in problem solving and think quickly on your feet
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Hold a current Minnesota Teaching License or a current Minnesota Short Call Substitute License.