The Richfield Community Education department is accepting applications for part time Water Safety Instructors at the Richfield Middle School. The Water Safety Instructor will teach the Richfield Olympic Style Swim curriculum in the indoor pool as scheduled. An instructor must be an energetic, dedicated and motivated individual who enjoys swimming and teaching children or adults.
Positions are available year-round.
- School year: 11:00 am-3:30 pm Saturdays
- Summer: 8:45 am-4:00 pm Mon-Thur (some Fridays due to holidays)
Pay Rate: $15.46 – 18.54 per hour
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Must have knowledge of water safety and stroke technique
- Ability to listen and demonstrate instructions to others
- Available for the entire program session and have a flexible schedule for changes
- Minimum Certification: American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification Recommended Certifications: American Red Cross First Aid and
- CPR for Professional Rescue
- Attend new employee orientation as well as required trainings, in-services, and staff meetings
- Follow and be a role model for all rules, policies, and chain of command of the pool facility
- Be responsible for knowing and assisting in performing the Emergency Action Plan
- Plan and run classes as assigned and scheduled.
- Arrive on deck 15 minutes prior to the star of the first class for preparations
- Provide for the safety of students and never leave a class unsupervised
- Provide direction to Water Safety Aides assisting with the class
- Proper use and care of equipment
- Ability to work in shallow and deep water, including the diving well (approximately 3 – 10 feet deep)
- Must be able to remain alert in the pool area, with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher for one to four hours
- Ability to recognize distress signals
- Ability to support child or adult body weight in the water
- Demonstrate (model) appropriate swimming skills and stroke technique to participants