Starting Pay is $15.00 – $15.75 per hour depending on experience and certifications.
Paid Swim Instructor Training Program:
We provide paid Swim Instructor training for new Aquatics staff. New Swim Instructors will complete 6-10 hours of shadowing time. During this time new instructors will shadow certified instructors classes and gain valuable knowledge and teaching skills before teaching classes on their own. We also offer an extensive training program at the beginning of each summer required for all staff. During this program staff learns the skills to communicate with parents, communicate with kids and skills and drills to best teach swimming to all ages and abilities. Once hired staff also holds periodic trainings and in services throughout each session. We continually review applications and add to our staff.
Primary Objective of Position:
To empower every participant with the skills, knowledge, and confidence in their swimming ability to maintain a lifelong commitment to safety, wellness, and enjoyment in the water.
1. Teach swimming lessons following Minnetonka Aquatics Learn-to-Swim skills progression to children and adults.
2. Help swimmers of all ages and abilities develop their water safety, survival, and swimming skills.
3. Ensure a safe and positive environment for all participants.
4. Greet visitors and provide information on beach or pool facilities and other Minnetonka Aquatics programs.
5. Communicate with parents about their children’s progress.
6. Enforce pool policies, rules, and regulations.
7. Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies.
8. Complete records and reports as needed.
9. Monitor facility and equipment to ensure safety.
1. Evidence of experience working with children.
2. Demonstrated ability to be comfortable and confident with teaching swimming lessons.
3. Demonstrated leadership and public relations skills
4. Evidence of positive interpersonal skills; ability to relate to both children and adults.
5. Ability to work under minimal supervision.
6. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
7. Proven record of punctuality and responsibility.
8. Must be at least 14 years of age.
Want to learn more about Minnetonka Aquatics? Visit our web page: