- Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with SoWashCo guidelines.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
- Develops positive relationships with parents and participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all SoWashCo rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
- Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
Applicants must be willing to work at least one day per week.
Red Cross Instructor certification helpful, but not required – we will train.