Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to provide supervision and instruction to assigned classes when a licensed teacher must be absent.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Substitute teach as needed in scheduled classes.
- Supervise assigned classes/groups of students.
- Follow the lesson plans provided by the licensed teacher(s).
- Communicate as necessary with the school office staff.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Desire to work with and support students.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- MN Short Call Substitute License.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt