Job summary: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Provide emergency care for sick or injured school children, assess the health status of students and school personnel, advise students, parents and staff regarding health issues, and conduct preventive and health education services.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Assess health status and perform first aid, emergency care and other illness interventions according to school district guidelines.
- Administer medication and/or specialized health care treatments to students as directed by physicians and authorized by parents or guardians.
- Assess the health and developmental status of the school age student, through district health screening programs. Facilitate referrals to health care agencies or facilities when requested.
- Promote and maintain health and well-being of students, families and school personnel by health teaching and health counseling.
- Develop Individual Health/Emergency Plans for those students with special health needs. Communicate with families, teachers, and staff regarding the development and implementation of these plans. Periodically evaluate plans and revise as necessary.
- Prevent and control communicable disease through health education, assessment of student health status, and implementation of the state immunization law.
- When required participate in staffings regarding students with special needs and assume responsibility for contributions to the health component of the IEP (Individual Education Plan).
- Maintain health records on all students enrolled in the school.
- Excuse or readmit students for health reasons in accordance with the building procedure and county health department exclusion guidelines.
- Complete student accident report forms for students needing doctor’s attention and/or resulting in a loss of school time.
- Train and supervise volunteers/staff whenever they are used in the health services program.
- Serve as a resource to faculty for health education purposes.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Must be a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse currently licensed in the State of Minnesota
- Basic first aid and health screening.
- Ability to communicate and foster positive working relationships with students, parents and staff.
- Ability to teach health information to student groups.
- Current CPR certification.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Public health background.
- Computer skills.
Salary: View salary grid on Page 7, Section 2 of the Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses contract
Bargaining Unit: Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.