Certification as a Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (C-SLPA)
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SLPA:
1. Assist speech-language pathologist in the conduct of screenings or assessment of language, voice, fluency, articulation.
2. Implement treatment plans or protocols as directed by speech-language pathologists.
3. Assist speech-language pathologists in the remediation or development of speech and language skills.
4. Collect and compile data to document student performance/progress on goals and objectives.
5. Conduct in-service training sessions if needed.
6. Perform support duties such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities/sessions.
7. Review and complete documentation in compliance with Federal and State rule and regulations, as well as with District policies and procedures.
8. Select or prepare speech-language instructional materials.
9. Travel between schools/buildings/districts as needed or assigned.