Duty Days Per Year: 186
Hours Per Day: 8
Type of Position: (X ) Continuing ( ) Temporary
Salary: Teacher Work Agreement, will negotiate based on qualifications/years of experience.
Supervisor of Position: Special Education Program Supervisor
Valid Minnesota School Social Worker License. We are looking for a team-oriented individual that can join our Centerbased Program. Our Centerbased Program serves students ranging in age from Kindergarten to 5th grade. The Centerbased Program provides students with Other Health Disabilities (OHD) and Emotional Behavioral Disorders (EBD) a structured environment with academic and social emotional supports.
Summary of Duties
- Provide direct services for students needs (i.e. developing self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision-making)
- Provide consultation and support to classroom teachers regarding students related to behavior and social interactions.
- Support students utilizing crisis intervention.
- Collaborate with families regarding students’ educational programming and progress.
- Serve as a liaison between school, families and outside agencies.
- Assist with behavior management by providing students with services to facilitate growth in decision making
The duty day is Monday-Friday, 7:50am-3:50pm, 186 contract days per year.
The policy of the school district is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.