Lincoln Park Middle School
22.5 hours/week | Monday – Friday | 9:15 am – 1:45 pm
Starting Wage: $18.90/hr, increases with experience
Temporary position through June 9, 2023
Join the Duluth Public Schools team, where we work to inspire every student to achieve their potential and prepare students to lead productive, fulfilling lives.
Duluth Public Schools is seeking an individual to assist special education students, frequently one student, with instruction, food service, transportation, safety, behavior, community activities, and related issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a teacher’s assistant in a teaching environment in or outside a school system or related childcare work
- 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits of college or a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment
- Ability to work cooperatively with children and adults
- Ability to effectively communicate with, and establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, parents, staff and community
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to observe and record accurately
- Ability to understand and accurately correct student assignments
- Ability to meet federal/state guidelines (where appropriate) and/or to successfully complete specified in-service courses
- Demonstrated ability to work positively with students with disabilities and under the supervision of a special education teacher
- The position will end when the student changes schools, graduates or leaves ISD 709
In addition to rewarding career opportunities, Duluth Public Schools offers an excellent benefit package to employees who are hired into positions scheduled to work 24 hours/week or more. Benefits include, but are not limited to the following:
Medical/Prescription Drug Plan with Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Single Coverage – District pays 100% of premium (FREE) + contributes $2,612.50 into HRA annually
- Family Coverage – District pays 75% of premium (25% employee contribution) + contributes $5,225.00 into HRA annually
- Single Coverage – District pays 100% of Basic premium (FREE)
- Family Coverage – District pays 25% of Premium
- District provides minimum of $50,000 of life insurance at no cost, employee may purchase supplemental life insurance
Long Term Disability
- District-provided at no cost to employee
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employees may elect to contribute on a pre-tax basis to Health Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- The District contributes 7.25% of your total salary in the Public Employees Retirement Association) pension plan.
- Employees may also elect to participate in Tax-Shelter Annuity options.
- Each bargaining unit contract defines time off provisions such as holidays, sick/personal leave, vacation, etc.
- If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 218-336-8722.