High School Special Education
AFSA is seeking a full-time High School Special Education case manager for fall of 2023. Case loads are low, with due process time scheduled. Professional development provided for licensure requirements and more. We work with an inclusion model of primarily level 1 and 2 students. AFSA brings a unique learning experience to our students and we are seeking teachers who can build strong student, parent, and community relationships for our team.
AFSA is a K-12 public charter school. AFSA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or political beliefs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Valid MN teaching license
- Special education license (any area preferred) or license variance
- Develop and present relevant, timely and engaging curriculum lessons.
- Work with general education teachers to co-teach.
- Be a caring adult in your student’s lives.
- Supervise students to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Organize supplies and resources for lectures and presentations.
- Provide experiential learning activities.
- Plan and implement educational activities and events.
- Ensure your classroom is clean and orderly.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Evaluate and document students’ progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Director or designated staff member