Goodhue County Education District serves 6 member school districts in southeastern Minnesota with a total enrollment of approximately 7,000 pupils. The Education District employs over 160 staff, has an annual budget of approximately $16 million, and has been recognized for its partnerships with other service agencies. In addition to its special education services, the education district operates Federal Setting IV programs, Title III programs, countywide Alternative Education, regional Perkins, 5RiversOnline School and other at-risk programming.
Goodhue County Education District has openings for a Setting IV Paraprofessional for the 2024-2025 school year. This paraprofessional will work under the supervision of special education teachers serving students for EBD, ASD, or DCD in a Setting IV program at River Bluff Education Center in Red Wing.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. -3:00 p.m., 172 student days + 4 professional development days.
Pay: Starting pay is $23.00 per hour dependent on qualifications
Benefits: Benefits are in accordance with the labor agreement covering Paraprofessionals which can be found on the GCED website under Resources
Required Qualifications: A high school diploma or GED and one of the following:
- An AA, AS, AAS (or higher) degree, or
- Passing score of 460 (or higher) on the ParaPro Assessment. (For more information on the ParaPro Assessment, contact Educational Testing Service at 1-800-772-9476 or www.ets.org/parapro)
- Pass training for full certification of Professional Crisis Management (PCM).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and restrain students in emergency situations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Completion of any required training necessary for the position.
- Education assistant/paraprofessional or teaching experience
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Experience and/or training in behavior management
Contact Nicole Bolduan, Director of Special Education/Principal of River Bluff Education Center at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
Apply online at gced.k12.mn.us