POSITION TITLE: Rental Site Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, Community Education
REPORTS TO: Recreation and Facilities Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: Monitor stadium/facility use by rental groups, patrons, community users and athletic teams. Ensure that individuals and groups are utilizing assigned spaces and are following District 833 facility usage policies. Set up and oversee stadium/facility rentals for activities including football, soccer, lacrosse, track, and other athletic/special events. The supervisor will coordinate information between custodians, community education staff, building staff, and facility users
SALARY: Hourly: Stadium Activity Supervisor Starting Wage: $18.00/hr
Wages dependent on qualifications.
HOURS: Hours vary – morning, evening and weekend shifts available from April – November.
– High School diploma
– Flexibility required
– Strong oral communication skills
– Positive customer service attitude
– Experience working with the public
– Ability to operate independently
– Basic computer skills
– Interest and basic knowledge of sports and fitness
– First Aid and/or CPR training or ability to be trained
– Must have valid driver’s license and transportation
– Ability to lift equipment unassisted up to 50 lbs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise rental usage of District 833 stadiums.
- Set-up and take-down of sports equipment when needed for rental. This includes setup up for football, lacrosse, soccer, track and other athletic events.
- Unlock spaces according to permit
- Setup will include moving and carrying football post covers, pylons, soccer/lacrosse nets, etc..
- Setup also includes starting up scoreboard and press box area.
- Tear down of all athletic equipment and store properly after permit expires.
- Continually monitor stadiums for safety and security
- This includes walking the entire stadium area during your shift.
- Work with contract holders to make sure their needs are met and that district facility policies are enforced in cooperation with the custodians.
- This includes verifying all doors are unlocked/locked according to permitted space.
- Work with custodians to see that facility is in the best possible condition to be used
- Communicate regularly with Recreation and Facilities Coordinator to maintain accurate building use data, concerns, or questions.
- Solve scheduling conflicts on site as necessary
- This includes verifying permitted space for rental groups.
- This includes verbally informing non-permit holders that they need to vacate if they do not have a valid permit and they are not listed on the computer.
- Implement behavioral guidelines and consequences for facility users
- Maintain accurate reporting figures as requested
- Successfully complete in-service training when provided
- Act as a Roving Supervisor when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned