Program Management Support Para
STRIVE Program – serving students with severe or profound cognitive delays
Location: Jefferson High School
Paraprofessionals in the STRIVE Program
Thank you for your interest in becoming a paraprofessional at Bloomington Public Schools. Paras play an important role in providing behavioral and academic support to students and are often the first go-to person for students during the day.
This video will show you what a day looks like in the STRIVE Program. STRIVE stands for Success Through Respect for Individually Valued Education.
Class III ranging from $18.81-$22.68 per hour
*Wage placement based on similar experience
6.2 hours per day
5 days per week
180 days per year
- High School Diploma
- 60 credits post-secondary education or a passing score on the Para Pro Exam
- PCA Certification (or the ability to obtain)
Must have the ability to pass a pre-work physical exam including the following requirements:
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have ability to push/pull equipment inlcuding standers, wheelchairs, etc
- Must have ability to repetitively reach overhead
- Must have ability to transfer to/from floor
- Must have ability to kneel
Successful experiences working with special education students in an educational setting preferred.
Work collaboratively with licensed and other staff to assist students with academic, behavioral/social/emotional, instruction, and daily living skills.
- Assist in implementation of assigned tasks including instruction and assisting students academically
- Monitor student’s skills of independence and implementation of classroom of individual behavior management programs
- Assist with daily living activities
- Communicate student’s progress with case managers
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
Submit online application, cover letter, transcripts and resume by clicking on the “Apply” button in the top right