POSTING #: 2854
The Sauk Rapids-Rice Public School District No. 47 is seeking an experienced and innovative middle school teacher to provide instruction in Physical Education and Health at Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School. Preferred candidates will have experience using technology in meaningful ways for teaching and learning, will have background in Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS), and will have previous experience working with middle level students to learn industrial technology skills.
Sauk Rapids-Rice Public Schools believe in:
– A culture of high quality and effective instruction
– Partnerships and collaboration
– Student and staff well-being
– High student achievement
– Stewardship of resources
– Equitable education
– Provide an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, physical and psychological growth
– Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
– Identify, select and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, interests, and learning needs
– Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement, particularly in the area of designing meaningful instructional opportunities utilizing the one-to-one Technology
– Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
– Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis
– Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment
Outstanding candidates will have:
– Ability to work with diverse middle school learners
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Desire to work collaboratively with students, parents/guardians, staff and administration
– Strong classroom management skills
– Excellent organizational skills
– Knowledge of best practices, including use of technology resources, for middle school learners
– Experience in creating student-centered learning opportunities that address state standards and support students to become life-long learners
– Experience effectively using a variety of data sources to inform instruction
– Valid Minnesota teaching license in Physical Education and Health or relevant experience and willingness to seek a license with special permission (Tier 1, 2 or OFP) from PELSB
– Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
– Additional teaching license for Developmental/Adaptive Physical Education (DAPE)
– Experience using technology to augment student learning
– Experience using PBIS to augment student engagement
1.0 FTE for the 2023-2024 school year.
Applications accepted online at www.isd47.org/start-your-career until filled.
Applications will be reviewed beginning March 29, 2023.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment.