Delano Community Education
Part-Time ECFE Educator
The Delano Public School District’s Community Education Department is seeking applicants for a part-time licensed Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) educator.
The individual will teach one to five ECFE classes per week in the mornings/evenings for all ECFE sessions. This teacher will also conduct the developmental screening portion of scheduled ssEarly Childhood Screenings. Salary is per the district’s master contract ECFE Teacher Salary Schedule and experience level.
Specific Duties will include:
- Implement lesson plans and instructional materials providing effective teaching strategies adhering to the Creative Curriculum model (children’s classroom) and/or adult educational needs and methods using the Minnesota Parent Education Curriculum Framework (parent education classroom).
- Plan and maintain a pleasant, orderly and stimulating learning environment for young children and their parents/caregivers.
- Prepare and model learning centers and areas of study in cooperation with classroom team members.
- Plan and implement individualized curriculum for the children (or parents) enrolled in the program.
- Recognize learning concerns or delays and make referrals as appropriate.
- Maintain the rules of classroom behavior and implement appropriate discipline techniques.
- Communicate with parents in a timely manner; maintain positive and constructive communication with students, staff and parents.
- Complete development screening of children during Early Childhood Screening and discuss the results with parents.
- Work with other staff members in a collaborative and supportive manner.
- Work cooperatively with special services staff to report student progress and growth, as applicable.
- Respect the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents and teachers.
- Adhere to the school district’s policies and procedures.
- Attend ECFE special events, workshops, staff and department meetings and staff professional development sessions as required.
- Any additional assignments/tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
BA or BS Degree and current Minnesota teaching license in: Early Childhood Education (Birth to 3rd Grade), Early Childhood Family Educator, Elementary Education with a pre-primary specialty, Prekindergarten Teacher, or other qualifying license.
- Dual licensure in Early Childhood & Parent Education is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two-year experience working with infants, toddlers and/or preschool age children and their parents preferred.
- Experience working with special needs children is preferred.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, and school and Community Education staff.
- Knowledge of Minnesota Early Childhood Indicators of Progress birth to three & Preschool – updated version 4/2020.
- Understanding of Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies GOLD Assessment tools.
Position reports to: Early Childhood Programs Coordinator
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Process: Apply on-line at https://www.delano.k12.mn.us/district/human-resources/job-postings to posting #1558.
Early Childhood Programs Coordinator
Delano Public Schools
763-972-6210, ext. 1103
Delano Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer