Minnetonka Music Academy is hiring caring piano instructors with a passion for teaching. Teachers are directly hired as staff in Minnetonka Public Schools. Join our team and help guide our musical community. We are looking for teachers who love to interact with school age kids and also value the importance of each child’s musical development. After-school lessons are scheduled for the entire school year, Monday through Friday, at elementary school locations with starting times from 2:15pm to early evenings. Bi-weekly paycheck with hourly pay starting at $28.36/hour.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be on time and prepared for each weekly in-person private lesson
- Commit to follow MMA Instructor Handbook and MMA piano curriculum
- Track student progress and be able to write narrative comments
- Prepare students for recitals and other performances.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- B.A or advanced degree in music education or performance
- Evidence of successful teaching experience
- Evidence of positive interpersonal skills, ability to relate well with young students.
- Must be interested in learning and teaching all skill levels and ages.