Community Education | Westonka Activity Center (WAC) | Available: Immediately | Closing: Open
Position Title: Lifeguard
Lifeguards are primarily responsible for supervising and maintaining a safe pool environment. Lifeguards enforce facility rules and regulations and educate patrons about them.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Current Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certification
- Demonstrated knoiwledge, skills, and ability to perform water safety surveillance techniques as demonstrated in a physical assessment described below:
* Demonstrated leadership, public relations, and communication skills.
* Ability to work under minimal supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Must be able to successfully complete the Physical Fitness Swim Assessment.
– 500 yd continuous swim, freestyle and breaststroke
– 20 yd swim followed by a 5 lb brick retrieval at 7-10 ft depth, then kick back to the beginning on back while holding the brick.
– 2 minutes treading water with no hands.
- At least 15 years of age
- General Responsibilities:
Supervise and maintain a safe environment around the pool
Enforce facility rules and regulations and educate patrons about them
Keep pool deck clear of equipment and return equipment to its proper place
Attend all orientation meetings relating to the program
Assure that all equipment and supplies distributed are maintained and returned in good condition
Demonstrate by example a proper role model for youth
Be knowledgeable of all accident and emergency procedures
Assure that all facility/grounds are left as they were found
Improve the quality of the program
Promote the program
Perform other related duties as requested by the Aquatics Coordinator
The position will be compensated at $14.00-$17.22 per hour depending on qqualifications and prior experience.
- For more information or to apply, contact
Westonka Aquatics Coordinator