Kids’ Company Assistant
Begins June 8, 2023 to August 22, 2023
Work Schedule: Summer Only, Hours To Be Determined
Location: Kids’ Company Summer Sites
Salary: $17.20 per hour (pending negotiations)
1. At least 18 years of age and High School Graduate
2. At least one year experience working with young children (minimum of 1,040 hours).
3. A minimum of 12 post-graduate credits in related areas.
4. Demonstrated ability to relate well to children and their parents, staff and school personnel.
5. Must be willing to fulfill all responsibilities in accordance with the Kids’ Company philosophy and standards.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate or acceptable.
JOB GOALS: To assist the Site Leader in providing a well-planned, organized and enriching Kids’ Company Program.
1. Assist the Site Leader in planning, implementing and carrying out the daily lesson plans in accordance with the SACC standards and district policy.
2. Supervise children’s activities, as directed by the Site Leader, including set-up and clean-up.
3. Be responsible for discipline procedures when directly involved with the situation.
4. Be an active game and project leader, participating in all activities.
5. Keep program supplies in order and inform the Site Leader when more materials are needed.
6. Be available to work on release days, as scheduled by the Site Leader or Coordinator.
7. Keep the Site Leader and Kids’ Company Leader informed of any concerns, activities, accidents or unusual situations.
8. Attend staff meetings and recommended training programs to meet the in-service training requirements.
9. Promote teamwork, customer service and a positive image of the program to peers, children, parents and the public at large.
10. Maintain confidentiality of all children and parents/guardians involved in the Kids’ Company Program.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.