TITLE: HEALTH AIDE N-535
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High school graduate; LPN certification desirable
2. Current Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED certification appropriate for the majority population in assigned building and physical ability to perform required responsibilities.
3. Respect for confidentiality of information
4. Ability and interest in working with students, parents/guardians, school staff
5. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Basic computer skills, including data entry and word processing.
REPORTS TO: Health Services Coordinator
1. Administer first aid and episodic care in accordance with school district policy, ARC guidelines, and as delegated by school nurse to student and staff.
2. Arrange for transportation of students and staff who become ill or are injured at school.
3. Make appropriate referrals to nurse, social worker, chemical awareness counselor and other staff members as needed (i.e. pregnancy, drug use, acute chronic illness, attendance issues).
4. Administer medication only to students having appropriate forms completed. Keep accurate record of
5. As a member of the health team, is responsible for dissemination of information only to appropriate staff and support personnel (food services, transportation).
6. Maintain a current file of community and county health resources.
7. Be responsible for health services operational tasks which include:
A. Maintenance of accurate student health charts (i.e. initiate new/transfer student’s health cards and
collect, review, record and file health information).
B. Recording of screenings and physical examinations.
C. Prepare accident reports, confidential health lists, health history updates, parent notification
forms, immunization reports, etc.
D. Complete inventory for health office supplies and stock office.
E. Issue first aid supplies to staff for classrooms and field trips.
F. Data entry of all emergency information, annual health information, and confidential health information for district student data management system.
G. Filing, answering phone calls and other related functions for maintenance of an organized and effective health office, including maintaining a “Sub Notebook” to cover absences.
8. Assist with enforcement of immunization regulations (i.e., no shots, no school).
9. Provide student, parent and staff education as delegated by the LSN (e.g., Glo-germ, communicable disease information).
10. Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) lead, participate in Crisis/Lockdown teams, and other building emergency procedures.
11. Assist with student health screenings under the direction of the school nurse.
12. Clean health office and equipment using appropriate products for Blood-Borne Pathogen control.
13. Other duties as assigned by building administration and LSN.