Effective immediately, the Human Resources Department will accept online applications for Gymnastics Assistants in our Community Education Department, located at Central Square Community Center. Rate of pay for the Gymnastics Assistant is $15.00 per hour, up to 20 hours per week.
Application Process: To be considered for a position, submit online application at www.sspps.org. Posting will remain open until positions are filled.
Assist in the instruction, supervision, and evaluation of youth gymnastic classes.
- Assist in implementing components of gymnastic instruction.
- Stress proper techniques and safety for each level of gymnastics.
- Work with youth in a group setting and on an individual basis to teach specific skills.
- Be a positive role model for respectful behavior and problem solving strategies.
- Assist in maintaining and keeping all equipment and facilities in good condition.
- Assist in completion of class evaluations.
- Adhere to staff and program guidelines and district procedures and policies.
- Demonstrate prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in a gymnastic program
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Participate in annual training of Midwest Amateur Gymnastic Association or USA Gymnastics
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work with various age groups
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with class participants, instructors, staff and community members
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with independently and ability to resolve disputes and problems effectively
- Ability to be trained in First Aid
- Ability to understand and follow data privacy rules and regulations
- Ability to perform computer functions, including the use of Google apps, email, Internet navigation and Microsoft Office
Constantly required to move and interact with students including standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling and reaching with hands and arms. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, lift, use hands for fingering, grasping and feeling, wrists, hands and/or fingers for repetitive motions or computer use. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or carry up to 30 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to and over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.