Family and Community Engagement Casual ESP
General Purpose of Job: Assist scholars and families in the Family and Community Engagement (FACE) programming, and be responsible for assisting in the supervision of the scholars present at FACE programming. This is a temporary position to support the FACE Enrichment programs to provide engaging experiential learning for scholars attending with parents.
· Provide administrative support as needed.
· Support group activities like literacy, arts, and projects as assigned.
· Assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining activities.
· Supervise and execute activities with scholars during dinner and activities
· Participate enthusiastically in the activities with the scholars.
· Be a positive role model, and an excellent leader to scholars.
· Great customer service skills.
· Interface positively with parents of scholars
· Communicates verbally and in writing.
· Able to clearly write up report accidents or incidents concerning scholar or staff in conjunction with the site and program leaders.
· Provide feedback and build a rapport with scholars
· Attend monthly trainings to enhance skill building
· Work with and support all scholars in the program.
· Must be at least 16 years of age.
· Experience working with scholars is preferred.
· Must be energetic, have strong communication skills and organizational skills, be confident, patient, sensitive, understanding and able to work with elementary aged scholars.
· Must be a team player and able to communicate with all ages.
· Child development knowledge and experience working with multilingual students is preferred
· Ability to assist in implementing educational activities for children and youth, including content areas of health/fitness, social skill building, and literacy, art, and music
· Skills that include organization, confidence, patience, understanding, teamwork, and communication
· Commitment to the Mission of District 279.
Salary Range: $15.60/hour