Flexible shifts supporting elementary students afterschool.
$15 per hour
This position qualifies for a quarterly stipend from a DHS Stabilization Grant through 2023-24 fiscal year.
Primary Objective of Positions:
To support and assist with children in K-5 Explorers. Aide in the implementation of age-appropriate activities, monitor program spaces and provide support to the staff supervising children. Monitor the safety of all students.
- Aide in the implementation of activities, monitor program spaces, provide support to the staff supervising children and provide guidance to children.
- Establish a positive and friendly relationship with students
- Assist with preparing project supplies and activities for students.
- Assist in providing a safe, caring, fun environment for children including use of the site tracking system.
- Support students and ensure safety during non-school day programming both at our schools.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Evidence of understanding of and willingness to abide by confidentiality policy and practice.
- Proven record of punctuality and responsibility.
- Evidence of passion for working with children.
- Evidence of ability to accept direction and work as a team member.
- Positive interpersonal skills (relates well to children and adults) as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Complete CCAP required training prior to first day of employment.
- Complete a required number of staff development hours annually.