Type of Employment Available: Educational Assistant/Special Education E.A. Substitutes
Hours: Range from 6.5 to 7.0 hours per day.
Rate of Pay: $16.00 per hour
Overview of the Position:
School is challenging for all students. Many students in our schools face additional challenges due to some type of disability, which may be physical, cognitive, emotional or behavioral. Educational Assistants implement instructional strategies under the direction and supervision of licensed teachers. The primary role of the Educational Assistant is to provide support for a student or group of students in a variety of classroom settings throughout their school day.
We are currently accepting applications for individuals interested in being on our Educational Assistant Substitute List (on-call & at-will).
District Mission Statement:
“Our mission is to equip all students with the knowledge and skills to empower them to achieve their dreams and full potential while becoming responsible citizens in a dynamic world.”
- Have a desire to work in a school setting with students with learning challenges.
- Ability to work with students who may exhibit academic, social and behavioral challenges.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) is required.
Please Note: Training will be provided by the district at no cost to the substitute.
Summary of Duties:
- Under the direction of the classroom teacher and the special education teacher, provide assistance to students with disabilities to help them be successful in all aspects of their school day.
- Assist in the implementation of a variety of academic social or behavioral strategies and supports for individual students.
- Depending on specific duty assignment, this position may also require:
- proper lifting/transferring of students
- implementation of sensory or behavior plans
- assisting students with personal cares and skills of daily living
Application Procedure: To apply for this or any of our substitute positions within the school district, visit our website to apply online. Be sure to indicate the specific JobID listed at the top of this page. You will also need to attend a substitute orientation session. Further instruction will be given upon submission of your online application. If you are already on the current Educational Assistant sub. list, you do not need to re-apply.
For more information about this Educational Assistant substitute position, you can also contact Debra Parson (Director of Student Services) at 763-753-7046.
The policy of the school district is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.