The Director of Operations is responsible for setting a powerful vision for supporting student achievement through the management of campus operations. The Dean of Operations will manage school technology platforms, volunteer coordination, state reporting, finances, and other daily operations for HLA-Northrop. We passionately believe that smooth and effective operations allow the instructional team to focus on our instructional and community centered program. As a member of the HLA-Northrop school leadership team, this role will work in constant collaboration with the school principal.
Hiawatha Academies is a network of college-preparatory schools focused on closing the opportunity gap in Minneapolis. We seek to create a K-12 school experience for scholars that empowers them with knowledge, character, and leadership skills. At Hiawatha Academies, we are committed to making our city and our world a more inclusive, equitable, and just place.
Our equity vision: to honor the humanity of all people, we actively disrupt systemic inequity in pursuit of an equitable world. Hiawatha Academies permanently disrupts educational inequity by ensuring a great school for every child.
Core Value and Beliefs
All Hiawatha Staff must demonstrate a passionate belief in and commitment to the following core values:
1) Children are at the center of everything we do.
2) Our mission requires bold thought and action.
3) We choose optimism.
4) We push ourselves to improve.
5) We are stronger together.
6) We create fun and a little weirdness.
Perks: Professional Development is scheduled into the calendar year and provides a time for all campuses to come together and celebrate our success.
Hiawatha Employment Logistics
- Hiawatha College Prep – Northrop students’ school day is from 7:45am-2:45pm, Monday-Thursday and 7:45am-1:00pm on Friday.
- Staff must be present from 7:30am-3:30pm, Monday-Friday, or until all duties are completed for the next day.
- Professional development sessions are held each Friday from 1:00pm-3:00pm.
- All Hiawatha Staff are expected to attend and participate in all family events at the school.
Application Timeline: This Notice of Vacancy will be posted until filled.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
We believe that diversity is strength, and we are committed to maintaining an inclusive, multicultural network. We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants.