Osseo Area Schools is a Qcomp school district: Teacher Development & Evaluation Overview
Please review the full job description at the link below for a detailed description of the essential functions and requirements of the position.
Continuous Substitute Teacher
Continuous Sub MOU
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MN teaching license.
- If not currently licensed, must be willing and eligible to apply for and receive a Tier 2.*
*Additional information can be found at MN Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB). Apply for Additional License
Preferred qualifications include:
- exhibit excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with a diverse group of staff and students
- demonstrated qualifications include: commitment to the equitable education of all students; creative planning and organizational skills, and highly effective interpersonal skills
- excellent classroom management, PBIS, PBL and Thinking Maps
- work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- all assigned classroom duties and responsibilities, which will include: implementation of curriculum, assessing student progress, aligning assessment w/ instruction, responding to students w/ personalized learning opportunities, communicating with parents, managing the classroom, and working collaboratively with colleagues
- contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning
- Provide instruction and support in the curriculum areas for which employed; Implement technology, make appropriate and equitable use of instructional resources and technologies; implement the goals and objectives of the district, school and / or program for which employed; design, deliver, and assess curriculum according to district guidelines; provide in-person, synchronous and asynchronous learning when applicable and work collaboratively with others
Willing to participate in district and building leadership activities
Work assignment: Minimum contract day (see Continuous Sub Mou above) Temporary Assignment. This position will end on June 6, 2024.
Bargaining unit: Education Minnesota Osseo
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.