Description: To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning by providing lead direction to building supervisors; maintaining school security and safety, and assisting user groups and organizations who use school facilities during scheduled after-hour events.
Job Summary: Achieves program objectives by:
- Reviewing facility permits to determine authorized users and schedule of events; determining and setting up any special equipment or supplies requested by permitted users.
- Scheduling Building Supervisors to be on site during scheduled activities.
- Accommodating users who are without permits; notifying Community Education Facilities Scheduling about contact and event information.
- Problem-solving permit and user issues.
- Completing and submitting required reports (e.g., no-shows) to Community Education Facilities Scheduling.
Provides excellent customer service to organizations using the facilities by:
- Greeting guests and providing directions to event locations.
- Monitoring the activities of individuals who use the facilities or attend events.
- Accommodating whenever possible the special requests that users may have that were not anticipated.
- Responding promptly to requests from colleagues and community members.
- Communicating in a manner that serves to diffuse confrontations.
- Being available to meet with event organizers at location site for event planning as needed.
Maintain safety and security of individuals and facilities by:
- Controlling access to spaces as needed and authorized by permit.
- Ensuring that all facility users have left the premises at the completion of the scheduled events.
- Assisting facility users with event tear down – restoring facility to neat and original condition, notifying custodian of any extra garbage, and noting any equipment or supplies that were broken.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies and/or injuries; calling 911 if necessary.
- Responsible for minor Blood Borne cleanups.
- Promptly completing and submitting required reports (e.g., incident reports, blood borne pathogen incident reports) to Community Education Facilities Scheduling.
- Remaining alert to potentially unsafe situations and notifying custodian of unsafe conditions; stopping any unsafe or questionable activities.
Provides lead direction to building supervisors by:
- Reviewing permits and scheduling building supervisor assignments at assigned sites.
- Resolving scheduling conflicts with building supervisors.
- Monitoring building supervisor activities and providing technical and procedural assistance as needed.
- Providing building supervisor performance feedback to Community Education Program Manager.
Completing other duties as assigned by :
- Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
Qualifications: High School diploma or GED
Rate of Pay: $19/hr
Job Type or FTE: Casual
Bargaining Unit: Not applicable
Essential knowledge and specialized subject knowledge required to perform the essential functions of the job: Knowledge of the mission, core values, and strategies of Osseo Area Schools. Successful completion of District Blood Borne Pathogen training. Experience working with adults and children in an employment or volunteer setting.
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.