Are you looking to make a big impact in a part time job? Join CE Youth Enrichment Team today!
WORK DAY/YEAR: Part-time, work schedules vary based on seasonal class catalogs and needs.
- School Year: Monday-Friday – 2:30 pm – 7:30 pm & Saturdays – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Summer: Monday-Friday – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Youth Enrichment
SALARY: Starting wage $15-$20 per hour based on previous experience
- Northrop Community Education Center
- All Rochester Public School Buildings
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coach and instruct youth enrichment sports courses and classes to students in grades K-8.
- Work with the CE Youth Enrichment team to develop and plan a variety of sports-based youth enrichment courses and classes.
- Ensure the safety and well being of all students in attendance of each class.
- Experience working with children in grades (K-8) in an educational role.
- Ability to maintain focus and enthusiasm while being responsive to student’s needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and building staff.
- Ability to use a variety of teaching methods and materials that engage student interest.
- Ability to maintain a positive rapport with children including the ability to correct inappropriate student behavior with fairness and consistency.
- Effectively develop and plan future courses/course material as part of a team.
- Flexibility and the ability to work as a cooperative team member.
- Regular, on-time attendance is required.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for this include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our student and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won’t shy away from today’s educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a proven track record of success.
- Works with great integrity.
Commitment to Equity:
Rochester Public Schools is committed to diversifying its workforce to better reflect the community we serve. We believe the practices used in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supporting, and promoting staff must include and honor, at every level, those who represent the diverse identities of our schools and community.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
District Information: Visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.