Special Education Behavior Interventionist
Sherburne and Northern Wright Special Education Cooperative.
Foundations One – Little Mountain Elementary
1 FTE – Full time position
7 hours/day – Monday – Friday
8:40am – 3:40pm
Behavior Interventionist for Foundations One Program, a setting IV special education program through the Sherburne and Northern Wright Special Education Cooperative. Foundations One is a program for elementary school students who have ASD and/or EBD and who require intensive instruction for behavior regulation.
Handle with Care Training and Ukeru required. Training will be provided if not already certified.
Experience in working with challenging behaviors
2 years of college preferred
High School diploma or equivalent required
Essential Skills Required:
- Skill in supervising and directing appropriate student behavior and applying consistent redirection and consequences for appropriate and inappropriate behaviors.
- Ability to apply rules, instructions and stated policies, procedures and IEP goals/plans.
- Ability to develop a rapport with children and explain concepts in a simple and understandable manner.
- Ability to work with children of various ability levels.
- Skilled in adapting lesson plans to the individual needs of students to facilitate learning and to assist in meeting any individual learning goals.
- Knowledge and application of technology and technology integration
- Knowledge of District discipline policy
- Effective communication and teaming skills
- Willingness to be flexible
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information about students and families
- Experience working with diverse students and families