Immediate job opportunity in Spartan Kids Care Program at Inver Grove Heights Schools. Gain valuable experience, earn an income and have lots of fun with children in your community.
Two hour shifts available at 6:00am to 7:30am or 2:00pm to 6pm. Flexible start and end times for junior and senior students to allow enough time commuting from the elementary school to the middle and high school. The program provides child care for children in grades PK-6. Programming is based on age-appropriate, multicultural themed, student driven activities.
WHAT MAKES A SUCCESSFUL ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT:
• Have positive work ethic
• A passion to have fun with kids in grade Pre-K through grade 6.
• Be appreciated by teams of world-class educators
$15 per hour
• Junior and Senior High School students are encouraged to apply. For more information, call 651-306-7504.
• Ability to work with students in a firm but positive manner.
• Ability to problem solve in a quick, decisive manner.
• Ability to interact appropriately with adults.
• Assist in implementing daily activities.
• Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for children by following program health and safety guidelines and procedures.
• Assist in planning activities.
• Assist in implementation of curriculum, performing tasks and assignments delegated by a Program Facilitator such as snack preparation, daily attendance, art projects, bulletin boards, gym activities and specialty clubs.
• Participate in regular Spartan Kids Care staff meetings.
• Develop a positive relationship with families.
• Promote a positive image of the program by maintaining open and positive communication between staff, school staff, parents and the community.
• Responsible for performing other duties as requested by the School Age Care Coordinator or the Director of Community Education
Apply today and view all career opportunities at https://www.isd199.org/careers.
Inver Grove Heights Schools is a thriving and growing district with nearly 4,000 pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students in six schools. Our mission is to inspire students, innovate in its programming, and help students excel and make a positive impact on our community.
We are committed to build core life skills into student daily learning and use Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) to develop students personally as well as academically. We are proud to have a school system that is competitive in academic test scores and known for being student-focused.
“ISD 199 is large enough to offer excellent opportunities to students while being small enough to feel like a family.” Elementary Teacher
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.