- Responsible for planning, coordinating and teaching learn-to-swim and water safety courses for preschool, youth and adults.
- Monitor and ensure participant safety at all times.
- Create conditions which ensure an enjoyable experience for participants.
- Manage participation through respectful and equitable approaches.
- Work collaboratively with Community Education staff to implement a philosophy that is supportive of participants’ development in the swimming skills targeted through the activity.
- Communicate effectively with Aquatics Coordinator regarding program needs and developments.
Work Schedule: Saturdays and/or some weekdays
- Thorough knowledge and application of swimming and water safety skills.
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification preferred. Training can be provided.
- Effective teaching and/or practice management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration with others.
- Understanding of the role of parent involvement and the ability to collaborate with parents.
- Commitment to supporting the whole participant in their pursuit of high levels of mastery of skill within the program.
Bargaining Group and Level: NA
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour starting, based on experience.
All applicants must apply online at: http://bit.ly/oronojobs
District Website: www.oronoschools.org
Tiffany Clifton, Community Education Director
Tara St. Martin, Adult Enrichment & Aquatics Coordinator
Dr. Scott E. Alger, Executive Director of Human Resources