Water Safety Instructor
Monday, Thursday and Saturday
Hours vary, 3-6 hours per day, 3-12 hours per week
Beginning salary $14.50 per hour
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Current American Red Cross Certification in W.S.I. (Water Safety Instructor) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching various levels of swimming lessons is preferred.
- Ability to express directions to students clearly and in a positive manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, co-workers and supervisor.
- Ability to be responsible, mature and demonstrate good common sense.
- Ability to follow directions and follow through on tasks.
- Be able and willing and able to teach preschool and parent-child classes.
- Maintain safety of students and pool area at all times.
- Know all pool policies and rules, inform students of the rules, and enforce them at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of the skills on the progression cards for each program level that you are teaching.
- Begin classes promptly being prepared with all equipment, and make use of the entire class time by leading activities.
- Be in the water to demonstrate skills and give students support and assistance with proper techniques.
- Use a positive approach to teaching; provide individual feedback as well as group feedback throughout the class.
- Complete mid-session reports and end reports for each student throughout the session.
- Provide a good model and directions to Water Safety Instructor Aides who are assisting your classes.
- Clean pool area between lessons and at the end of the lessons for the day. Return all supplies to the proper storage area.
- Follow all aquatics staff policies set forth by ISD #194.
- Be a positive role model for students by wearing appropriate attire when teaching.
- Be knowledgeable of all accident and emergency procedures, participate in emergency situations as needed.
- Complete accident reports and other forms as needed.
- Participate in-services as coordinated by the Aquatic Coordinator.
- Perform other related duties as requested by on-site supervisor.
Direct questions to Katey.Radant@isd194.org
Please apply online at: https://www.applitrack.com/isd194/onlineapp/
Application Deadline: Open until filled
ISD 194 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SUPPORTS WORKFORCE DIVERSITY