One91 is a place where staff members are valued and can make an impact. We’re looking for candidates with an innovative, creative approach to education that will spark wonder and curiosity in our learners. We want relationship-builders who are dedicated and passionate about making a difference for our students and community.
Position Overview: VPK Teacher
Hours/Day: 8 Hours a day/Mon-Friday
Days/Year: School Year
- Lead preschool classroom teacher plans hands on learning experiences. Teacher uses observation and assessment to guide instruction.
- Building relationships through strong, positive adult-child interactions
- Providing a stimulating, safe and secure environment for play and exploration
- Planning and implementing research based curriculum aligned with the Early Childhood Indicators of Progress
- Providing culturally relevant learning experiences,
- Gathering authentic observation and assessment data through play
- Supporting family engagement in early childhood settings
- Directing the work of support staff
- Participating in program and community events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous Experience
- Early Childhood License
- Birth to 3th Grade
- Our online application system offers the opportunity to upload additional information such as a cover letter, resume, references and transcripts. Paper or e-mail copies of these materials will not be accepted.
- Interviews will be conducted with candidates that best meet the current needs of the District.
- Review of materials will start immediately.
- The position will be filled on an undesignated time-frame when, and not until, the right candidate emerges.
- Discover One91
- Commitment to Equity
- The One91 Learning Experience – A Pathways Approach
- Benefits of Working in One91
A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. District One91 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.