Tutor education assistant to provide academic support for grades 6-8
FAIR School Crystal
Seven hours per day, which includes 6.5 hours of paid work time and 30 minutes of unpaid lunch time
$18.47 to $19.69 per hour based on Class 3 of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement for Education Assistants
• Provide academic support in reading and mathematics.
• Assist students in classrooms with skill acquisition and completion of assignments.
• Work with individuals and/or small groups of students in subject areas.
• Coordinate work for students with the teachers.
• Supervise students, which may include outdoors, halls, cafeteria and busing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum high school diploma or GED.
• Experience working with students in the areas of math and reading.
• Knowledge of strategies to comprehensibly explain content to students.
• Ability to work as part of a team to complete intervention plans for students.
• Able to work well with students, staff and families.
• Excellent observational skills.
• Flexible personality that allows for unexpected changes in schedules.
• Able to attend work regularly and report to work in a timely manner.
Apply on-line at http://www.applitrack.com/rdale.onlineapp/
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of District 281 core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. District 281 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.
Human Resources Program Director
Robbinsdale Area Schools
4148 Winnetka Avenue North
New Hope, MN 55427