Our mission is to provide the highest caliber of academic and artistic education for aspiring pre-professional performing artists in the areas of instrumental and vocal music, theatre and dance, and to fully prepare students for college and conservatory. The overall goal is to provide authentic training in dance, theatre and music utilizing the conservatory model. To accomplish this, three hours each day are devoted to conservatory style training, all arts teachers are professional performing artists and professional training and performance spaces are used to the extent possible.
SPCPA is a unique school where all arts instructors are working professional artists teaching part time.
Please complete the following application and include:
- Letter of interest
- Professional resume
- Teaching resume (if applicable)
Theatre Department Chair Professional Expectations:
- Create and recreate department curriculum and programming that aligns with the school’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote and enhance the artistic and overall development of all students in the department.
- Teach classes within the department.
- Supervise all instructions within the department.
Note: Professional performing experience is required.
Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Imagine a high school unlike any other ….
Pre-professional performing arts training completely guided by current working professional artists
Demanding college preparatory academic coursework taught by traditionally licensed instructors
Available for free to all who have a passion for the performing arts
* Students choose to come to SPCPA from over 125 different zip codes
* There is no audition, students are leveled by technical ability in arts classes
* The academic program offers honors and on-level classes, College in the Schools, and AP
* Extracurricular activities are limited
* Students who attend SPCPA are treated as if they ALL will eventually become professional actors, dancers, singers, and musicians AND attend college or conservatory.
SPCPA’s VISION is to deliver a high-end, high-bar, conservatory-style/college-prep program to students across the vastest imaginable range of skill levels and backgrounds. Therefore, we entrust our academic faculty to understand our unique student population and encourage wholehearted support of our school’s values.
What do we believe? Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists values…
– preparing students for college and trains them as future practitioners of the arts.
– stimulating and sustaining interest in arts and academics as a source of truth and insight into the human condition.
– constructing a creative environment where risks may be safely taken and where creators take responsibility for our vision.
– encouraging students to use their physical, sensory, and intellectual potential to explore ideas and raise questions.
– honoring individual discovery within a collaborative spirit.