Orono Middle School is seeking to hire an innovative teacher with advance knowledge of computer applications, computer science and computational thinking, strong collaborative skills and a demonstrated commitment to learner-centered pedagogy and middle level learners.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to implement a teaching and learning environment that:
- Engages all learners
- Empowers students
- Develops thinkers
- Creates foundations and pathways to more advance learning opportunities in high school, college and career
- Enables all students to utilize technology to develop the skills, knowledge, and mindsets needed to employ computers and computational thinking to solve problems, effectively communicate and express their knowledge and ideas.
- Working collaboratively with team members to support the academic, social emotional growth of middle level learners.
- Collaborate with other teachers to design and coordinate common assessments and utilize data to target student needs.
- Participate in regular PLC meetings as an active and engaged professional.
- Communicate frequently with parents, colleagues, students, and administrators through all available means of technology.
- Current Minnesota Teaching License required with ability to teach grades 6-8. Licensure areas of interest are technology, computer applications.
- High level of content expertise required.
- Demonstrated ability to support critical thinking in meaningful discourse in the content area.
- Experience working with middle level students preferred.
- Effective classroom management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration and problem-solving.
- Experience with curriculum and assessment design.
- Experience with formative and summative assessment practices.
- Understanding of the role of parent involvement and the ability to collaborate with parents.
- Ability to use technology as an instructional tool.
Bargaining Group and Level: Orono Education Association/Teachers
All applications must apply online at: http:bit.ly/oronojobs
District Website: www.oronoschools.org
Dr. Patricia Wroten, Middle School Principal
Kim Van Eyll, Middle School Associate Principal
Dr. Scott E. Alger, Executive Director of Human Resources