The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District seeks applicants to join our team as a Targeted Services Activities Instructor. Targeted Services Activities Instructors are responsible for leading groups of up to 20 youth in high-quality enrichment activities in such areas as youth leadership, art, music, entrepreneurship, etc.
BCS/ECA: 7:45-8:30am and/or 4-5:30pm
Dates: Schedule will vary, shifts available most Mondays -Thursdays, September 19th, 2023- May 26, 2024
Ideal candidates will possess the skills to:
- Develop positive rapport with students, parents & staff.
- Has knowledge and skills in meeting the academic, social, and emotional growth of students.
- Supervise students to ensure a safe, supportive, culturally responsive, equitable, and welcoming learning environment.
- Monitor, advise, coach, and support student behavior management to ensure a safe, supportive, welcoming learning environment.
- Provide individualized weekly interventions and instruction in the areas of reading, math, and other core academic areas, as well as various enrichment activities.
- Create CLP’s (Continuous Learning Plan) for each student and document progress to share with Coordinator and families.
- Adapt teaching materials and methods to develop relevant assignments that guide and challenge students.
- Assess, identify and evaluate needs of students; provide instruction in individual or group sessions; establishes and maintains standards of behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Valid MN teaching license
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.