Metro Marlins is a year-round competitive swim program located in Orono, MN. We are looking for two coaches to assist with our younger age swimmers (6-12) and if interested the older group as needed (13+). Previous coaching experience is preferred, though not necessary if you have a background in competitive swimming.
This position could consist of 6 to 20 hours a week depending on the group(s) coaching and personal availability. During the Fall, Winter and Spring season practices are primarily 6-9pm (Mon. thru Fri). Compensation will be based upon experience and is highly competitive to other area swim programs. Preferred start date as soon as possible.
- Responsible for conducting swim practices and supporting program priorities.
- Monitor and ensure participant safety at all times.
- Create conditions which ensure an enjoyable experience for children.
- Work collaboratively with Community Education staff to implement a philosophy that is supportive of participants’ development in the swimming skills targeted through the activity.
Work Schedule: This is a part-time position. Time commitment will range between 6-20 hours per week at practices, with meets a possibility based upon need.
- Experience working with children and background in aquatics preferred
- Knowledge of current swimming techniques and policies
- Must be a USA-Swimming certified coach or capable of attaining certification.
- Thorough knowledge and application of swimming and water safety skills.
- Lifeguarding, CPR/AED, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification is a plus.
- Effective teaching and/or practice management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration with others.
- Understanding of the role of parent involvement and the ability to collaborate with parents.
- Commitment to supporting the whole child in their pursuit of high levels of mastery of skill within the program.
Bargaining Group and Level: NA
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Orono Community Education pay scale for coaches.
All applicants must apply online at: http://bit.ly/oronojobs
District Website: www.oronoschools.org
Tiffany Clifton, Director of Community Education
Dr. Scott E. Alger, Executive Director of Human Resources