Monday – Thursday, 4.5 hours a day, specific morning hours to be determined
Number of positions depends on student enrollment
Hours may vary based on program needs
First consideration may be given to current staff and/or those who are familiar with the program.
- High School diploma
- First Aid and CPR training
- Additional post-secondary training in criminal justice
- Previous school security experience
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise student behavior in hallways, cafeteria and other areas inside and outside the assigned school site to assure a safe learning environment.
$16.48/hr-$20.93/hr (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Online application, www.isd742.org
Monitors student/staff/visitor behavior
- Intervenes in student altercations, insubordination and harassment situations and refers students for appropriate action
- Removes unauthorized individuals from the school building and/or school area
- Works cooperatively with police liaison and school administrator regarding school safety and security issues
- Initiates police contact when appropriate
Enforces traffic safety
- Monitors the safety of students, including parking lots
- Assists with the traffic flow during bus loading
- Issues tickets and initiates towing for parking violators
- Monitors traffic violations and makes referrals to police when necessary
Enforces School District and building policies
Other duties as assigned
- The ability to withstand cold temperatures, snow, rain and adverse weather
- Frequent: walking, standing, bending, sitting, hearing, talking, and seeing
- Occasional: lifting, physical restraints
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and to model and promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and to demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and to be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.