Work Schedule: Up to 5 hours per week until programming starts, then 6 hours per day, June/July/August
Program Dates: June 19 – 22, June 26 – 29, no programming week of July 4th, July 10 – 13, July 17 – 20, July 24 -27
Location: John Glenn Middle School
Start Date: ASAP. Up to 5 hours/week of planning before student programming begins and some time following programming for attendance/membership reporting, progress reporting and grading/transcript updates.
Pay and Benefits: TBD
- To provide ISD 622 students (grades 9-12) with the opportunity to recover course credits required for graduation.
- For students in grades 10-12 who: Meet at least one of the Graduation Incentives Criteria, haven’t been enrolled in 916 ALC or Credit Recovery in 21-22, and/or don’t need senior level required courses.
- Students will participate 2 days/week in person (5 hrs/day) and 2 days/wk asynchronous remote learning, half of the students will attend in person each day.
- Holds a valid MN teaching license in School Counseling.
- Knowledge and understanding of the ASCA Model.
- Ability to engage in ongoing professional/personal development in order to develop self and to maintain current instructional theory and practice.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in working with students, families, colleagues and community organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and understand proper reporting procedures.
- Secondary counseling experience.
- Experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of targeted and individual behavior support.
- Knowledge of Section 504 evaluation, eligibility and accommodation plan implementation
- Computer/technology proficiency.
- Multi-age and multi-culture experience.
- Master schedule
- Continual Learning Plan Development/Progress Reporting
- Counsel individuals, small groups of students and classrooms
- Behavior Support/Crisis Intervention
- Communication with families
- Perform other school counseling related tasks and responsibilities assigned by the Student Services Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
ISD 622 is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.