See attached work calendar in the lower right hand corner.
REPORTS TO: Building Principals
QUALIFICATIONS: Current Minnesota license in appropriate area required.
SALARY: Based on level of education and full years of licensed teaching experience.
Click link below to review the 2021-2023 REA Contract containing salary schedule.
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4976 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4253 or email email@example.com.
Job Summary – Success Coach:
- Working with and assisting students to achieve academic success.
- Identify and resolve barriers to academic success.
- Establish rapport with targeted students and their parents/guardians.
- Identify and establish linkages between students and existing resources that support student success.
- Coordinate and monitor student success.
- Build strong, caring relationships with students.
- Work with classroom teachers to ensure academic success for all students.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Prior successful experience in urban, multicultural education desirable.
- Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or job-embedded staff development.
- Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Experience, at the secondary level with evidence of exemplary student achievement results.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, including a thorough understanding of research-based instructional practices related to student success.
- Demonstrated skill in use of data to inform instructional decisions.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to be an open and active listener.
- Strong technology skills.
- Evidence of effective listening, written and oral communication skills, along with strong interpersonal skills when working with staff, students.
- In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for this include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won’t shy away from today’s educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a proven track record of success.
- Works with great integrity
Commitment to Equity:
Rochester Public Schools is committed to diversifying its workforce to better reflect the community we serve. We believe the practices used in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supporting, and promoting staff must include and honor, at every level, those who represent the diverse identities of our schools and community.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
District Information: To learn more about Rochester Public Schools, visit www.rochesterschools.org.