Substitutes | On-Call Substitute Teacher | District Wide | Available: On Going | Closing: 04/26/2024




**If you are a current substitute teacher for the district (worked during the 2022-2023 school year) you do¬†NOT need to reapply”

Join Our Team!

At Eastern Carver County Schools, we are committed to creating a school environment where everyone feels welcome, safe, and included, and where every child has access to the tools and opportunities they need to succeed. Our schools empower students to achieve their personal best, engage in lifelong learning, and be thoughtful and responsible citizens. All employees in our school district play an important role in ensuring this goal is achieved and we would love to have you join our team! 


Candidates interested in becoming a substitute teacher for Eastern Carver County Schools must hold a valid Minnesota teaching license issued by the Minnesota Professional Licensing and Standards Board. The district will accept a short call substitute license, see details below or refer to our district website at for more information.

The substitue teacher rate of pay is $155 per full day and $77.50 per half day. If you are a retired teacher from ECCS the rate is $160 per full day and $80.00 per half day.

The district’s substitutes access assignments 24/7 via¬†Absence Management (Frontline).¬†¬†You can choose which schools you‚Äôll accept jobs from, what times you would like to be called, what days you are not available to work and more!

A background check will be conducted.

If recommended for employment, applicant will provide proof of legal right to work in the United States if required.

Application Process:
Please complete an online application   Be sure to inlcude e-mail addresses for all references , electronic reference checks are conducted, minimum of three references required.  Those who meet district requirments will have their applciaiton screened. Once accepted you will receive an e-mail listing next steps.  The application review process is ongoing throughout the year. 

Short Call Substitute Licenses:
Eastern Carver County Schools will accept¬†short call substitute licenses.¬†You can apply for this licensure through Minnesota’s Professional Licensing and Standards Board website,¬†if you have a Bachelor‚Äôs degree. Please contact PELSB for all licensing questions,¬†not the school district. We do require an online training for all hired substitute teachers who hold a short call substitute license.¬†¬†This also applies to individuals holding 2-year licenses that are subbing in other districts.¬† You will be paid for a 1/2 day of training upton compleation.

Specific questions can be e-mailed to Jean White at