SUBSTITUTE NURSE (Multiple positions)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Health Services Supervisor
SCHEDULE & HOURS:
- Intermittent hours as needed in health offices and field trips.
- Health office hours are based on school calendar. Length varies depending on need: up to 8 hours a day.
- Provide skilled nursing care and treatments (e.g. glucose testing, medication administration, nebulizer/inhaler treatments, etc.)
- Administer CPR and first aid.
- Maintain confidentiality and data privacy
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, and staff
- Maintain and update health records, immunization files, and records.
- Conduct health care assessment and decision making based on medical knowledge and licensure
COMPENSATION: LPN’s – $23.22 per hour; RNs – $27.91 per hour
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse License, Current First Aid and CPR certification, Computer Literacy
- Develop good relationships with students, families, and staff
- Work well as a member of a team
- Initiate assigned tasks independently
- Effectively communcate (oral, electronic, and written forms)
- Readily utilize computer programs for data entry (Microsoft word,Outlook, Google Drive, etc.)
- Maintain health records in accordance with policy and submit reports in a timely manner
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness
- Display a high level of professionalism