Description: The on-call, daily substitute district delivery driver assists with picking up and delivering mail, groceries, prepared food, laundry, and other material throughout the School District in a timely, safe, and efficient manner.
Wage is $15.50 per hour
1. Makes deliveries and pick-ups as scheduled by the Manager of Purchasing and Inventory Control or designated representatives in order to meet School District requirements.
2. Packs, loads, and delivers supplies and equipment to and from the District Service Center and all School District buildings.
3. Unloads supplies and equipment at each building. Places supplies and equipment in designated storage areas.
4. Cleans the delivery truck interior and exterior that delivery truck is in proper working condition
5. Maintains appropriate delivery records.
6. Adheres to delivery schedules within prescribed time frame in order that supplies are at the locations where needed.
7. Ensures that items being delivered are secure at all times, vehicle is never left running while unattended.
8. Complies with MNDOT regulations for commodity transportation.
9. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. High school degree, GED, or equivalent experience.
2. Possess and maintain valid driver’s license, with class stipulated by the School District.
3. Possess and maintain valid appropriate certifications and licenses, as stipulated by the School District and/or local, state or federal regulatory agencies.
4. Be able to read, understand and write instructions associated with the equipment and supplies used and prepare reports required of the position.
5. Ability to work outside or inside in all weather conditions.
6. Must be a self-starter and able to complete tasks with minimum supervision.
7. Regularly able to lift objects in excess of eighty (80) pounds.
8. Pass pre-work screen for functional job capacity, if required.
9. Good driving skills and record including insurability.
Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of ISD728’s core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. ISD728 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.